2.28.2010

Birthday

I completely failed to get a picture of myself blowing out birthday candles. I made a garland out of felt and baked myself a strawberry cake. I will just have to show you a picture of the garland. It was a good day. I subbed for an Instructional Assistant who floats around the school sometimes in classrooms or sometimes at duty. It was a very easy day. Michael and I went to dinner at the Downtown Grille. It was delicious and we headed home afterward to cut the cake. Michael figured out how to video chat with multiple people through the website tokbox. Dad, Roger, and Max and Myriam, Dan, Joe, and Rugsby sang Happy Birthday to me on the computer and Mom, Aunt Jungle and Aunt Susan sang through the phone. Yay for technology!

I worked yesterday and my boss bought me a cupcake from the cupcake shop. Yay! After work I had 30 minutes to fouiller (fouiller (v.t.) [FOOYEH] 1. to dig. (v.i.) 2. to dig around; to search aimlessly (as in a drawer or closet). [Often said of children caught in places where they aren't supposed to be.] - Thanks to LSU's Department of French Studies I now know how to spell this) while Michael finished watching the Arsenal game at home. I love that word. One of my favorite things that Michael says to me is asking me "if I want to go fouiller." Sometimes there's nothing better than driving around and going wander aimlessly. Back to the topic at hand. I bought a nice used hardcover of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. I also found a Charley Harper coloring book at my favorite store on the Downtown Mall, O'Suzannah.

That's it for birthday happenings. What? You want to know about my presents. Ok, I'll tell you. Michael bought me a Mignon Faget Sno Cone pendant in Strawberry. It's super cute and will be darling with spring and summer tops. He also bought me a new sifter that functions by turning a wooden knob rather than by squeezing the handle which can be quite distressing. Last but not least I got a box of Godiva truffles. Score! And I should mention that I got to see my favorite student on Thursday and he drew a picture for me.
Theo likes to open presents just as much as his mommy

Today I filed our taxes online. Who knew it was so easy? I plan on cleaning house after we take Theo for a walk since it's a nice and warm 46 degrees outside. I also started knitting a springtime shawl yesterday while watching Sense and Sensibility. Speaking of movies, I'll catch you up on the best picture nominees we've seen this past week. Now I'm rambling and I will go. I'll post the birthday pictures after our walk.

1 comment:

Sarah C. said...

Happy Birthday Marie. Fouilleris is one of my favorite words too. Love the new blog layout... well, it may not be new, but I usually read through reader. Where did you get it?