
Our duplex neighbors knocked on our door around 11 this morning to see if we wanted to walk with them to the shopping center near our place in order to go to the grocery store. This sounded like an adventure so we suited up to join them. It was still snowing. We helped another neighbor get his jeep unstuck. I say "we", but I mostly watched.

We saw a fallen tree, stranded cars, and mountains of snow in the parking lot.


When we made it back home we ate lunch then headed to McGrady's Irish Pub to join more neighbors for beer and shuffleboard.

Nice and toasty we walked back home around 4:30. Michael and John went to Washington Park to sled before it got dark and I took a nap. We are so grateful that we lost power for only 15 minutes and we weren't even home for it.

After dinner we spent an hour and a half digging my car out of the snow. Michael borrowed a shovel from the neighbors and I used our dust pan which I preferred to the shovel.

My face is defrosting as I type and I am about to do some last minute packing. We think we should be able to get out tomorrow. The temperature won't get warm enough to melt the snow but we're close enough to main roads to be able to leave. We're keeping an eye on things and we're not planning on doing anything stupid.
2 comments:
After reading this post, I called to Bobby who was across the house playing a video game - "Bobby, you HAVE to come see this!" I just had to show him the picture of the table and chairs outside in the snow. "Oh Bobby, I have to see that one day - oh, please, oh please can we see that in person one day?!" Our next Moate vacation (when the kiddies are old enough of course) is to visit a winter wonderland similar to yours - only for a few days as I am sure snow that like that can get old real quick.
:) It really was incredible to see a real winter wonderland right outside our windows. I was thrilled when I saw the snow on those tables and chairs. I meant to put a caption that they looked like gumdrops :)
Post a Comment