5.23.2009

Walking the... cat?

Andrew is here visiting for a few days. Yesterday morning we saw this strange sight across the street. Yes, it's a cat.

We went to Fridays after Five with Pete and Christie. Then we came home to cook chicken schwarma, hummus and pitas, and salad with feta, olives, and vinaigrette. While the men cooked dinner I attempted to create Lucy's famous chocolate meringue pie. My double boiler was too small so I made do with two pots and I didn't let the custard get thick enough. So the pie is a little on the jiggly side. However, the meringue did turn out well.

I should also tell you that Michael and I went to a concert on Monday night at the Outback Lodge which is within walking distance of the house. Stephen Steinbrink played first. Then The Woes played. They were really great. Elvis Perkins in Dearland was the main act. They were fantastic as well. I read somewhere that Elvis Perkins has been compared to Bob Dylan- just to give you an idea. It was difficult to stay awake past 10:30. Overall, it was good to get out and do something we don't normally do.

Back to the present. We went to the City Market this morning and got breakfast and vegetables and strawberries for dinner tonight. Chive mashed potatoes, roasted squash and zucchini, and either root beer glazed pork chops or chicken picatta are on the menu. I am considering making a strawberry dessert.

I think I might paint today. I have an idea for a painting for the kitchen. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello marie and michael