5.13.2009

Leah's visit to C-ville

Leah graced us with her presence this past weekend. Saturday we went to the Downtown Mall, had dinner at Bang!, an Asian tapas restaurant that boasts to have the best martinis in c-ville, and then we went to Live Arts, a local theater where Michael and I saw Sweeney Todd, to see Tartuffe, a play by Moliere. *update* Here's a link to the review of the play in C-ville Weekly. It was everything I could do not to let out belly laughs. We did not expect the play to be so funny. It's a small theater and general admission seating in the balcony is $10 so if you wanted to buy that small bottle of Cava to enjoy with your friend then it is surely economical.

On Sunday Leah and I went south to hike to the top of Crabtree Falls. The weather was perfect and it was a manageable hike for us flat-landers. The drive there was about an hour and 20 minutes.

We made it to the top! We might have considered turning back at one point. We'll blame it on the change of altitude...
The June issue of Living arrived Monday. Leah and I made the Strawberry Shortcake Cookies found on the last page. All I have to say is that they are worth every second of chopping strawberries into tiny pieces (especially if your friend is doing most of that). Don't you want to be my neighbor?We went to Short Pump to check out DSW, H&M, and Crate and Barrel before it was time to drop Leah off at the airport in Richmond. It was such an enjoyable visit. We played Guitar Hero, thanks to Roger, and Leah even got to see the friendly groudhogs that live on the Lowe's hill. They are probably one of my favorite things about this town.

No comments: