2.24.2011

From the Kitchen

I totally should have taken a picture of this Tortellini Soup before adding the grated parmesan. This looks sick, but it was surprisingly delicious. It was easy to make, too.


Chicken and Gruyere Turnovers from Real Simple's March issue. These didn't really have flavor except for the Kentucky's Smokin' Grill Spiced Honey Mustard that we used.

I thought the turnovers would redeem themselves since I was planning to make cinnamon rolls with the leftover puff pastry. But the recipe was really for sticky buns and I thought putting icing on them would magically transform them into what I wanted. I don't know what I was thinking. I mean they were good but I'm just more of a cinnamon roll kind of gal.


Now for the piece de resistance. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls. I admit I do eat way too much raw cookie dough when I make them from scratch. Now I can safely eat raw cookie dough! This is indeed bad news. Well maybe not so bad because I don't really want to eat a ton of these. I know they are in my freezer and their size is big enough to be just what I want. I ended up making them smaller than the recipe. So I made 15 and I have a separate container for our friend who watches Theo for us. Anyway I used peanut butter instead of greek yogurt as the egg replacement since we have peanut butter and rarely use it. The result is a subtle peanut butter flavor which is fine with me.


1 comment:

Anne said...

Can't wait to try the cookie dough balls, and the tortellini soup looks delicious, too - you are a fabulous source of new recipes! Thanks so much for sharing. :-) Wishing you the happiest of birthdays tomorrow!