
Michie Tavern and Monticello
We went to Monticello. The tour was great as always and this time we had time to see the movie at the visitor's center, which was fantastic. Monticello is offering a behind the scenes kind of tour a couple of times in the evenings until September. Normally the second (and third? I'm still confused as to how many floors the house has) floor is not toured because it is not handicap friendly since the stairs are really narrow and steep. It's $15 more than the original ticket price. I feel like I can justify this since I've never had to pay to visit- once because I live in the city and twice because I brought people with me. I'll be sure to tell you about it if I ever go.
We went to Skyline Drive to watch the sunset. We totally lucked out and had some awesome weather. When sitting and taking in the view at one of the look-outs I asked my mom if the sound I heard was a woodpecker. "Mm hm," she replied. My brother added, "It's either that or a pirate with restless leg syndrome." (Punch line drum sound) We took pictures of each other levitating while waiting for the sun to do its thing.
We strolled down the Downtown Mall, were forced to nap from having too much fun and doing too much schopping, rated Gearharts chocolates in a very orderly fashion, and celebrated Michael's birthday for the second and third times.

1 comment:
It looks like you guys had a great visit. Very nice photos!
Post a Comment