6.19.2010

Baptism

The day that my family left Charlottesville, we headed back to Kentucky when Michael was finished at the hospital. This time we went for Frances' baptism. We drove through the wild and wonderful mountains of West Virginia which sparkled with fireflies. (Do you call them fireflies or lightnin' bugs?)

We spent the night at Michael's brother's house and got some more quality time (and PF Chang's) with baby Andrew. On Saturday we picked up Michael's third birthday cake (a cookie cake since we don't have a cookie company here), headed to his sister's farm and spent a relaxing day with family.


The priest who performed the baptism did a lovely job. Also, I think I remember him saying he bought that shell in Grand Isle. Or maybe it was just along the Gulf Coast? For some reason I'm really thinking he said Grand Isle.

I am so honored to be chosen as Frances' godmother.

I know, I know. Something needs to be done about my bangs. Just focus on how cute Frances is.

After church we went back to the farm for pink velvet cake (made with pomegranate juice) and it was delicious. Not to brag, but I have to say my in-law's always seem to take great family photos when we're all together.

We drove back to Virginia on Sunday feeling grateful for our time spent with loved ones.

I don't have my card in my camera from this trip so I had to borrow some pictures from my sister-in-law's blog. Thanks ;)

No comments: