
After perusing the shop tents Michael pauses for a picture with Robert E Lee (far right) and others in period dress. There were tents in this area to demonstrate what the campsite would have looked like.

The Stanardsville Reenactment is one of the longest running reenactments in the country.

Those cannons are
loud. A narrator gave us the background information about the battle.

The Confederates outnumbered the Yankees. We wondered if this was proportionate to the actual numbers from battle or if the Yankee reenactors were from out of town...

It was about a 30 minute drive north of Charlottesville. The weather was perfect. So I'd say it was a very neat and inexpensive experience. I'm so glad I finally got to see a reenactment. I've been wanting to since last fall when I saw a sign for one.
2 comments:
Marie and Michael...it is great that you are taking advantage of the area that you are living in...music and history...both events must have been fun...life is good...love Mom
I went to the 140th anniversary reenactment of the Battle of Gettysburg. It really was cool to watch, and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go. Now that's an event!
Post a Comment