6.21.2009

On Father's Day

Despite the fact that you are in Houston and not in Charlottesville I thought I'd share some happy memories of you in celebration of the dad that you are.

  • Waiting my turn to dance with you when you'd play your records at night
  • Coming home from church to that music - even though I always thought it was too loud, I missed it when you stopped playing it
  • Picking us up from school
  • Tapping out syllables on your back
  • Rolling down the windows in your old white truck
  • Carrying me into the house when I faked sleeping in the car
  • Taking us to have beignets in the French Quarter
  • People watching
  • Coming into Michael's with me to get scrapbooking supplies
  • Going out to dinner
  • Performing squirrel therapy
  • Surprising me with an impromptu birthday trip to Disney World
  • Splitting Snickers while waiting for Myriam to get home from school
  • Riding in the Triumph
  • Letting me travel
  • Encouraging me
  • Showing me what it means to be a person of integrity
I love you.

P.s. Click on the picture

1 comment:

dad said...

i cried like a little gurrl, but not as much as myriam and your ma. you are amazing, no that's not good enugh, you are the marie of my life---how's that?

Love,

Dad