10.25.2009

Spirit Walk

After adventures in chinese cuisine (I made egg drop soup and we made sweet and sour chicken- double yum!) we headed downtown for the Charlottesville Albermarle Historical Society's Spirit Walk. Here's Michael (studying for his surgery rotation) and I waiting outside the oldest cemetary in town, Maplewood.
The tour lasts two hours and takes you to at least 15 stops around the Historic Downtown. Each stop had a local spirit dressed in period attire. They told their tales, some sang, and we sat in the original courthouse to hear the end of a trial from the early 1900's. One actor was a direct descendant of the spirit he was portraying. We also met the first Ms America, a man who had a part in starting the Pony Express, and Dolly Madison among others. It was very well done with lanterns lighting our way. I thought it was fantastic, and I learned a ton of stuff about Charlottesville.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: