Good news. I was offered the job for Camp Leader which I interviewed for a few weeks ago. I'm so excited! I think it will be a great experience and lots of fun. It will probably be exhausting but it's also going to look great on my resume. It makes me feel like someone loves me. Man is it tough to find a job when you don't know anyone. Today the secretary at the high school told me how much they appreciate what I'm doing. Isn't that nice? Sunny Fridays probably make everyone want to be nice. Especially the Friday before Spring Break.
Speaking of today, that rain shower that snuck up on me lasted about 5 or 10 minutes. The rest of the day was in the 70's and windy. White and gray clouds raced by with time to spare some much wanted sunshine. The trees with the white flowers which I showed you a few posts ago have bright green leaves now. The wind has been blowing the little white petals around. It looks like confetti. How fun! Welcome spring! I promise I will try to get a picture of the confetti. Although it will be impossible to capture the fun factor of it blowing through the air.
Dinner was great tonight. A new recipe from our River Roads entertaining cookbook - chicken tortellini with a side of roasted zucchini and carrots with rosemary. I also couldn't help but pick up a bottle of Menage a Trois' White wine. Two nights ago I made wine-glazed chicken from our Southern Living cookbook. I think both recipes will be favorites. Now we're just waiting for our food to go down and the wine to wear off so we can go downtown and get chocolate, strawberry and banana crepes from this hole in the wall called The Flat.
Things are going well in third grade. We're rounding and learning about fact families. Reviewing for standardized testing which they will take in two weeks. Their spring break is next week. So I'll be missing about two weeks of class. There has been a suggestion to clone me. It's really too bad I started this volunteer work too late to talk about it in my essay for grad school. However, one of the ESL teachers told me about a couple other programs I can look into. One is a Masters of Teaching program at a women's college about 45 minutes from here. The great thing is that they offer night and weekend classes here in Charlottesville. The program is accredited so now I just want to find out more about the program. I am hoping I can find a teacher who went there. The deadline for the fall is July 15 or so. So I have time.
In other news, The Needle Lady is now having a social knitting night twice a month. Hooray! I really enjoy these gatherings. I happened upon my next knitting project thankfully yesterday. How silly would I be without a project on knitting night! Knitters are so friendly. It was a small group of us last night. About 4 or 5. I won't be here for the next night but they will be continuing the twice a month get togethers until August. Now that I have a job I can start on projects for Christmas!
Oh and something else that might be interesting... One of the participants in the program I attended in France is in Memphis visiting her sister. (She is from Ukraine.) She will be there until the 23rd so Michael and I are thinking about driving back through Memphis on the way home. It should extend the driving time by about 3 hours. How neat.
Ohhh last thing... we went for a walk today and guess what we saw? Tulips!! Yellow and purple. Which reminds me of this dress. Pink tulips. Just like Michael gave me when he proposed. Too bad it is $170 and dry clean only.
That's it. Crepe time. Hasta la vista... baby.
2 comments:
Did you hear the good news that Anthropologie is coming to Charlottesville? It will be in Hollywood Video's old space at Barracks Road. Yay!
Hi Marie and Michael...so glad you are here
Post a Comment